xml/rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PoliticalRants

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Conservative Paranoid Delusions

At a Kerry rally tonight, a Bushie asked me why I supported Kerry. I responded "Because he will restore my civil liberties."

He countered, "What civil liberties?"

Humorous, however I responded, "For instance, the fact that they can listen to my phone conversations, read my phone bill, without a court order, without notifying anyone they are doing that."

He replied, "You are stupid, they could always do that."

Ok, ad hominim attack aside, that explains much. They believe paranoid conspiracies. They are the ones who believe in the men in black. The ilumaniti. The new world order. I always associated paranoid delusions with liberals, but I think I understand.

Conservatives don't bemoan the loss of civil liberties because they are so paranoid, they really believe they did not have any.

Liberals miss our civil liberties because we actually make use of them. Yes, liberals are prone to paranoid conspiracy filled delusions, but under it all, liberals still believe in liberty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home